Session: Writing a Kubernetes/Openshift Operators Using Golang
Extending a powerful platform like Kubernetes/Openshift with your own business logic can help your building architectures robust. Difference between using a platform & utilizing its inner capabilities is what makes the difference & helps you manage it well with existing knowledge of go-lang.
- Understanding Kubernetes API Server & API Terminology (GVR, Kind/Resources)
- Artifact (CRD, CR, CSV) & OLM
- Operators pattern & Operator-framework
- Getting started with writing an operator in golang
- Understanding the Controllers & Control loop code.
- Desired vs Observed State in Kubernetes
- Reconciliation loop
- Operator demo & local development.