Inclusion & Diversity in Open Source
Monday, October 19
A one-day event dedicated to a vital topic
The 2020 Inclusion & Diversity event will feature traditional talks and panel discussions around a variety of predetermined inclusion subtopics. Subject matter experts, community and company leaders, and technologists of all types will attend and participate.
Selected topics to be covered include:
- Bias and Discrimination in Machine Learning
- Ensuring access to the underrepresented
- Inclusion & Diversity Best Practices
- The CS educational component / higher ed
- How to be an ally
- The role of diversity of thought on product development
- How to be old in tech
- Inclusion & Diversity at the executive level
More than 500 people from all over the world and the U.S. attended and participated in 2019 at the in-person event in Raleigh, NC USA. The discussions and related networking were tremendous, as confirmed in post-event attendee surveys as well as in-person feedback.
Select speakers and panel members in 2019 included: